I enjoy watching Universal Sports because they show the more unusual sports: ski jumping, track and field, cross-country skiing, Ironman, gymnastics to name a few. The most recent I've been hooked into has been the Sevens Rugby tournament.
Rugby is like the train wreck that I cannot look away from. When I first stumbled upon it, I was horrified! Here are dude running around tackling each other with out pads or helmets and the worst part is I couldn't change the channel. The rules are a mystery to me. Here is a list of things I noticed that I cannot explain:
-One team scored. They got 5 points. The opposing team scored. They got 7 points. Favoritism? Goals scored by style points?
-Sometimes they all huddle around the ball and no one touches it. Seems counter productive.
-They do a weirdy version of the jump ball. The teams actually lift the players to get the ball, they don't just jump for it.
-They wear short shorts. I guess that makes sense...less to grab onto?
-Penalties??
-Not only do they pass the ball, they bounce it, they kick it, run with it, and it's all legal.
![]() |
| Can you find the "redhead"? |

Ha ha.
ReplyDelete