I love to have homemade strawberry freezer jam with my toast in the mornings. A few months ago, Poobie made some and it was delicious! We've been out for a couple weeks. I have been waiting for the berries to go on sale. The mothership and I were at the Reams, and I noticed EVERYONE had cases of strawberries in their carts. After scoping it out, I found the pallet of strawberries. I couldn't remember how much a case made, neither could my mom. We figured a case would make 8. I pick up 2 cases thinking I'd get 16 total bottles. That afternoon I started. The first batch, I wasn't really paying attention to the directions and added the sugar before the pectin and lemon juice...after successfully getting out most the sugar and actually reading the directions(who knew you couldn't just add everything at once?) I finished up 4 batches(1 case) and had 16 bottles of jam!! I still had another case! I spent another morning/afternoon making the other case. I now have 30 bottles of strawberry freezer jam!
"99 bottles of jam on the wall, 99 bottles of jam. If ones of those bottles should happen to break, I have a extra you're welcome to take. 99 bottles of jam on the wall....."
 |
All the jam.
|
yum! you made me hungry for homemade bread with jam :)
ReplyDeleteSend some this way. I am almost out!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA!!! We still have a lot of your raspberry jam in the freezer in Logan. I love homemade strawberry jam. It is greater than store bought jam. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteBahaha! Still have some raspberry?? YIKES!
ReplyDelete