Lets rewind the years a bit...Imagine high school, sophomore year, history class.
The final project which a good portion of the grade was based upon creating a poster relating to something/someone/some place in history. I've always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt, and decided that would be the topic of my poster. I worked long and hard. I spent hours researching to make my poster "some kind of wonderful". It paid off. It was a beauty! Right in the middle of the poster, I had pasted a copy of the Eye of Horus:
The Eye of Horus is believed to have healing and protective powers. I believe it really does, here's why.
My poster was finally due! I was so proud of my hard work. I went home during lunch to pick it up. On coming out of the house, a FREAK wind storm ravaged. My lovely poster was ripped from my grasp and hurdled about 30 feet into the air. I was in full panic mode. Luckily, a tree in the yard caught my poster...or should I say stabbed my poster. Once the initial horror was over, I rushed to the tree and shakily plied my poster from the knobbly branch that held my poster. The tree had pierced my poster through the middle of the Eye of Horus! The Eye PROTECTED my poster(and grade) from the evil clutches of the wind!!
Once I got back to school, I explained to my teacher the the wind took hold of my poster, I'm not sure she believed me. In fact, I know she didn't believe me. Who would believe a student coming to a teacher in all but tears from laughing so hard only to state that the 'wind tried to eat my poster'?
Not only did a battle of good verses evil take place that day, but the Eye of Horus rang true.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to convince my teacher to let the poster stand as a symbol of the Eye in action. She made me well aware that if I left the poster the way it was, I wouldn't get a good grade. After school I patched my hardy poster. I got a decent grade, passed the class, and became a junior without a hitch. BUT I owe that all to the Eye of Horus.

Nice!
ReplyDeleteOh Jamie Sorenson. You crack me up!
ReplyDeleteJamie!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea you have a blog until you commented on mine; that's rockin' awesome! Thanks for doing that-now I can read about your amazing adventures!
ReplyDelete