The Christmas holiday is NOT complete without Christmas music. People begin listening to it as early as...gasp... October(shudder)! I on the other hand, like to take Christmas music in doses. A little here, and little there, you know, making sure I don't get burned out of it.
I wanted a little dose yesterday. The anticipation of putting on my favorite Christmas CD was so thick, you could almost cut it. Imagine all of this- in slow motion for dramatic effect- I walk to the cupboard, open the right side door, and my hand goes to the second shelf. I grasp the CD case(remember slow motion) with great elation. I open the case and BAM! All my hopes and dreams, DASHED. My CD is not there. Oh the pain. Now speed up your minds eye for what comes next is all frantic. I searched everywhere. Boxes, shelves, closets and even in my food pantry(you never know) but alas, the search was in vain. I never found it....just when I was about to sink into despair and wallow in self pity, I remembered I-tunes. If only I had copied the CD, which come to find out, I DID! YES! My evening of folding laundry while listening to some of my favorite fellas sing about a holiday I enjoy- not ruined. I cannot imagine a Christmas with out the Rat Pack. Thanks Frank, Sammy and Dean. Linked are 3 of my favorites, give your ears a treat!
You are so funny.
ReplyDelete