Monday, October 25, 2010

Dracula verses....Jesus?

Over the weekend Mom, Poob and I went to the play "Dracula". I guess I'm not familiar with that particular story because I still don't really understand what actually went on. I kept expecting Igor to make an appearance, but that's Frankenstein not Dracula.
While the play was a little weirdy, most the acting was very good. It took us a while to figure out what we didn't like. The problem?? Dracula. I imagine Dracula to be like the picture to the right- Imposing, creepy, large widows peak, slicked back hair...etc etc. Instead, Dracula looked more like the picture to the left...Jesus. In the actors Bio, it mentioned that he has been in multiple church movies...we guess, as Jesus. I don't have any problems with Jesus making appearances in plays- but DRACULA...come on, that's a bit of a stretch.
The venue we were at, the audience is literally a solid 6 inches from the stage. The fight scenes are a whole-nother animal when they are happening right at your feet...literally! During the play they threw a necklace right at our feet and forgot to pick it up when the scene was over. Mom noticed and I got to actually pick it up and hand it to a stage hand, so pretty much I was in the play too!

No comments:

Post a Comment